Thursday, October 21, 2010

Went to the hospital last night. Thought I had something really serious like colon cancer. Turned out to be kidney stones.

I learned something about people last night. As I sent off email saying I was going to be out a while because of abdominal pain, I got a range of responses.

The ones which really touched me is one from Sebastian. He offered to make me food, he even offered to go to Whole Foods himself and make a veggie soup for me , himself. It is no coincidence he is a CEO of a company. That just reinforces my own beliefs. The better people make better leaders. That isn't always the case.

I find I like the people who turn their beliefs and values for being a better person into action. They are consistently better friends of mine. I find them more sincere and more importantly I find I just trust them more. Especially ones who share an interest in the welfare of the common man. It's hard to be so selfish and expect a return.

No comments:

Post a Comment