Thursday, February 3, 2011

Maven plugin Eclipse install

Maven problems

When installing into Helios you will get the following error:

Missing requirement: Maven Integration for Eclipse (Editors) 0.12.1.20110112-1712 (org.maven.ide.eclipse.editor 0.12.1.20110112-1712) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.zest.core 0.0.0' but it could not be found

You have to install the editor from here first;
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/gef/updates/releases/
The part which isn't on the internet:
Pick the latest release and install ONLY the complete SDK. The rest of the modules you don't need. I hate Maven because it downloads so many files into both eclipse and my repository, I can't keep track of what is where. At some point I need to dig into it but that is time I'd rather use somewhere else.

Then you can go back and install Maven.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this, i had the same issue when installing maven plugin into eclipse for RCP developers. Cheers

    ReplyDelete